Rangers salute local heroes
Military Appreciation Night draws standing ovation at MSG on Jan. 5
|Rangers legend Adam Graves poses with • Sergeant Ulises Morel of the U.S. Army during the Blueshirts' Military Appreciation Night just prior to the start of the Rangers-Hurricanes game at The Garden.
• MORE PHOTOS
The evening started with a private meet and greet with Rangers’ Legend Adam Graves, who was honored to spend times with individuals he called our true heroes. Graves autographed items, took photos and thanked each service man for his sacrifice to the United States. Graves addressed the group and their guests stating, “I am honored to meet each of you, growing up I always admired men and women that made sacrifices to serve their country. It is the privilege of the Rangers’ organization to have you here tonight, you are the true heroes, we can all be proud of.”
During the first period, as fans looked on, each gentleman was shown on GardenVision and announced by name. After the group photo, many fans approached the honorees to say thank you, shake their hands and even take photos with these local heroes.
- Sergeant Clayton Dickinson, US Army
- Sergeant Ulises Morel, US Army
- Lieutenant Carlos Linomontes, US Navy
- Lieutenant Omar Jana, US Navy
- Master Gunnery Sergeant John C. Dick, US Marine Corps
- Sergeant Christopher R. Bornschein, US Marine Corps
- Staff Sergeant John Muirhead, US Air Force
- Chief Petty Officer Charles Wells, US Coast Guard
- Petty Officer First Class Douglas Schneider, US Coast Guard
For more information on the Rangers’ work in the community, please visit the community section of the Rangers' website.