Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Toronto
2010-11 Season Game No. 48 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG Plus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 204.
Rangers vs. Toronto Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 21st with an 11-10-2 (24 pts) record at home; the Maple Leafs rank 24th with a 9-11-1 (19 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 6-4-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Maple Leafs are 4-5-1 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist is 8-4-4 with a 2.70 goals against average and one shutout in 16 career regular season appearances vs. Toronto, following a 36-save shutout at Toronto on Oct. 30; Martin Biron earned his first victory as a Ranger, stopping 24 shots in a 2-1 win at Toronto on Oct. 21, and is now 13-11-2-3 with a 2.69 goals against average and one shutout in 31 career games vs. Toronto.
* Chris Drury has registered a team-high, 14 goals, 15 assists and 29 points in 40 career regular season contests vs. Toronto.
* New York lists one former Maple Leaf on its roster: Kris Newbury (2006-07 to 2008-09).
* Toronto lists two former Rangers on its roster: Colton Orr (2005-06 to 2008-09); Fredrik Sjostrom (2007-08 to 2008-09).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
At MSG: 126-109-56-3
At Toronto: 91-161-39-3
2010-11 Rangers vs. Toronto
Oct. 15 Rangers 3, Maple Leafs 4 (OT) at MSG
Oct. 21 Rangers 2, Maple Leafs 1 at Toronto
Oct. 30 Rangers 2, Maple Leafs 0 at Toronto
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Maple Leafs at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Jan. 20 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 22 Rangers at Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Jan. 24 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
* Vinny Prospal has missed 47 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 17 games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan has missed 14 games with a broken hand.
* Erik Christensen has missed nine games with a sprained knee.
* Alex Frolov has missed four games with a knee injury.
* The Rangers have lost 157 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.