Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Montreal
2010-11 Season Game No. 72 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG2. Click here for complete MSG2 channel listings. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 204.
Rangers vs. Canadiens Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 25th with a 16-16-3 (35 pts) record at home; the Canadiens rank 18th with a 17-16-1 (35 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 8-6-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Canadiens are 10-7-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist is 10-8-2 with a 2.94 goals against average and one shutout in 21 career regular season appearances vs. Montreal; Chad Johnson has yet to face the Canadiens.
* Vinny Prospal has recorded a team-high 15 goals and 34 points in 47 career regular season games vs. the Canadiens; Bryan McCabe has registered a team-high 23 assists and 34 points in 67 career regular season contests vs. Montreal.
* New York lists no former Canadiens on its roster.
* Montreal lists four former Rangers on their roster: Alex Auld (2009-10); Nigel Dawes (2006-07 to 2008-09); Scott Gomez (2007- 08 to 2008-09); Paul Mara (2006-07 to 2008-09).
* Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh was originally selected as the Canadiens' first round choice, 12th overall, in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 124-123-54-1
At Montreal: 64-195-40-2
2010-11 Rangers vs. Montreal
Jan. 11 Rangers 1, Canadiens 2 at MSG
Jan. 15 Rangers 2, Canadiens 3 at Montreal
Feb. 5 Rangers 0, Canadiens 2 at Montreal
March 18 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 18 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
March 20 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.
March 22 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 26 Rangers at Boston, 1 p.m.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 41 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 28 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 17 games with a knee injury.
* Martin Biron has missed seven games with a fractured collarbone.
* The Rangers have lost 280 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.