Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
2011-12 Season Game No. 21 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 214.
Rangers vs. Penguins Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in seven of their last eight meetings with Pittsburgh, posting a record of 5-1-2 over the span.
* New York has won its last two games against Pittsburgh, having outscored the Penguins, 10-5, in those contests.
* New York ranks 15th with a 6-1-1 (13 pts) record at home; Pittsburgh ranks 10th with a 6-5-2 (14 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 2-1-0 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents; the Penguins are 4-0-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a 20-13-5 record with a 2.41 GAA and two shutouts in 38 career regular season games vs. Pittsburgh; Martin Biron is 13-15-3-2 with a 2.98 GAA and two shutouts in 33 career regular season games vs. the Penguins.
* Brad Richards leads the Rangers with 22 assists and 28 points in 27 career regular season games vs. Pittsburgh; Marian Gaborik has tallied eight goals and 17 points in 18 career regular season games vs. the Penguins.
< * New York lists three former Penguins on its roster: Erik Christensen (2005-06 to 2007-08); Ruslan Fedotenko (2008-09 to 2009-10); Mike Rupp (2009-10 to 2010-11).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 64-46-9-3
At Pittsburgh: 51-51-14-5
2010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Penguins
Nov. 15 Rangers 3, Penguins 2 (OT) at Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 Rangers 1, Penguins 3 at MSG
Dec. 15 Rangers 4, Penguins 1 at Pittsburgh
Feb. 1 Rangers 3, Penguins 4 (SO) at MSG
Feb. 13 Rangers 5, Penguins 3 at MSG
March 20 Rangers 5, Penguins 2 at Pittsburgh
2011-12 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Jan. 6 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Feb. 21 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
March 15 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
April 5 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 29 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 1 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 3 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Dec. 5 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Dec. 8 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed 20 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp has missed 13 games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski has missed nine games due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* The Rangers have lost 51 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.