Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Carolina
2011-12 Season Game No. 69 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 213.
Rangers vs. Hurricanes Pregame Notes
* Tonight is the fourth and final meeting of the Rangers and Carolina this season, and the second at Madison Square Garden. New York is 3-0-0 overall (1-0-0 at home;2-0-0 on the road) following a 3-2 win on Mar. 1 at Carolina. The Rangers have outscored the Hurricanes, 13-6, in the series, including a 6-1 advantage in the third period. The Rangers are 2-for-10 (20.0%) on the power play in the three games. Marian Gaborik leads the Rangers in scoring with four points (two goals, two assists). Henrik Lundqvist is 1-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA and .971 save percentage, while Martin Biron is 2-0-0 with a 2.51 GAA and .907 save percentage.
* The Blueshirts have won five of their last six games against the Hurricanes.
* The Rangers rank seventh with a 23-7-2 (48 pts) record at home; Carolina ranks 27th with a 9-15-9 (27 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 13-2-2 vs. the Southeast Division; the Hurricanes are 3-12-3 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list no former Hurricanes on their roster.
* Carolina lists no former Rangers on its roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Hurricanes
At MSG: 35-17-4-2
At Hartford/Carolina: 23-31-3-0
2011-12 Rangers vs. Carolina
Nov. 11 Rangers 5, Hurricanes 1 at MSG
Dec. 1 Rangers 5, Hurricanes 3 at Carolina
March 1 Rangers 3, Hurricanes 2 at Carolina
March 13 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 13 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
March 15 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
March 17 Rangers vs. Colorado, 7 p.m.
March 19 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
March 21 Rangers vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 44 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Michael Del Zotto has missed two games with a hip injury, suffered on March 8.
* Ryan Callahan has missed one game with an injury, suffered on March 9.
* The Rangers have lost 195 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.