Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Montreal
2011-12 Season Game No. 78 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Plus with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on Bloomberg Radio (AM 1130) and on satellite radio at XM 213.
Rangers vs. Canadiens Pregame Notes
* Tonight is the fourth and final meeting between the Rangers and Canadiens this season, and the second at MSG. The Blueshirts are 1-2-0 (1-0-0 at home; 0-2-0 on the road) vs. Montreal following a 4-1 loss on Jan. 15 at Bell Centre. The Rangers have outscored the Canadiens 4-2 in first periods this season. Derek Stepan leads the Rangers in scoring with three assists and points. Henrik Lundqvist is 1-1-0 with a 3.52 goals-against average, and Martin Biron is 0-1-0 with a 4.01 goals-against average.
* The Rangers rank fifth with a 26-10-2 (54 pts) record at home; Montreal ranks 22nd with a 15-19-4 (34 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 10-7-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Canadiens are 7-9-3 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list no former Canadiens on their roster.* Montreal lists one former Ranger on its roster: Scott Gomez (2007-08 to 2008-09).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 126-123-54-1
At Montreal: 64-197-40-2
2011-12 Rangers vs. Montreal
Nov. 5 Rangers 5, Canadiens 3 at MSG
Nov. 19 Rangers 0, Canadiens 4 at Montreal
Jan. 15 Rangers 1, Canadiens 4 at Montreal
March 30 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 30 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7:30 p.m.
April 1 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
April 3 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
April 5 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
April 7 Rangers vs. Washington, 6:30 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 53 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Steve Eminger has missed seven games with an injury suffered on March 15.
* Mats Zuccarello has missed three games with an injury suffered on March 23.
* The Rangers have lost 222 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.