Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Boston
2011-12 Season Game No. 79 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* Tonight is the fourth and final meeting this season, and the second at MSG. New York is 3-0-0 (1-0-0 at home; 2-0-0 on the road) following a 4-3 win on Mar. 4 at MSG. The Rangers have out-scored the Bruins, 10-5, including a 4-1 advantage in the third period and overtime. The Blueshirts' power play is 2-for-5 (40.0 percent), while their penalty kill has held the Bruins scoreless in eight shorthanded situations. Marian Gaborik leads the team with three goals and four points against Boston, while Michael Del Zotto and Brad Richards have each tallied a team-high, three assists. Henrik Lundqvist is 3-0-0 with a 1.62 goals-against average, a .954 save percentage and one shutout against the Bruins.
* The Rangers enter the contest with a five-game winning streak against the Bruins, and have won nine of their last 11 meetings with Boston.
* Henrik Lundqvist has started in 23 consecutive games against Boston, dating back to Jan. 13, 2007.* New York ranks fifth with a 27-10-2 (56 pts) record at home; Boston ranks fourth with a 23-15-1 (47 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 11-7-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Bruins are 11-6-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.* The Rangers list no former Bruins on their roster.
* Boston lists two former Rangers on its roster: Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02); Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99).
All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 142-118-55-0
At Boston: 105-163-42-2
2011-12 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 21 Rangers 3, Bruins 2 (OT) at Boston
Feb. 14 Rangers 3, Bruins 0 at Boston
March 4 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 at MSG
April 1 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 1 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
April 3 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
April 5 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
April 7 Rangers vs. Washington, 6:30 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 54 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Steve Eminger has missed eight games with an injury suffered on March 15.
* Mats Zuccarello has missed four games with an injury suffered on March 23.
* The Rangers have lost 225 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.