Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Washington
2012 Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 1 at Madison Square Garden
Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC. You can also catch the radio broadcast on Bloomberg Radio (AM 1130) and on satellite radio at XM 92. Tune to MSG Plus immediately following the live broadcast for a one-hour postgame show.
* The Rangers were 2-2-0 overall (1-1-0 at home; 1-1-0 on the road) against the Capitals during the 2011-12 regular season. The Rangers outshot the Capitals, 129-87, including a 47-24 advantage in the third. Ryan Callahan led the team with four assists and five points in the season series against Washington, while Brian Boyle and Ruslan Fedotenko tied for the team-high with two goals. Henrik Lundqvist was 2-1-0 with a 3.00 GAA, and Martin Biron was 0-1-0 with a 4.01 GAA.
* The Rangers have won five of their last seven regular season games against the Capitals, outscoring Washington, 26-14, over the span.
* The Rangers list one former Capital on their roster: Steve Eminger (2002-03 to 2007-08).
* Washington lists two former Rangers on its roster: Mike Knuble (1998-99 to 1999-00); Tom Poti (2001-02 to 2005-06)
Rangers vs. Capitals Playoff History
The Rangers and Capitals are meeting in the playoffs for the seventh time overall and the third time in four years. Their last postseason encounter was in last year's Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, a series won by Washington 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 2-4 playoff series record vs. the Capitals, posting a 15-19 mark in 34 postseason contests.
All-Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,189
Goals against: 1,185
All Time Regular Season -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 47-37-9-2
At Washington: 38-48-9-3
2011-12 Rangers vs. Washington
Nov. 23 Rangers 6, Capitals 3 at Washington
Dec. 28 Rangers 1, Capitals 4 at Washington
Feb. 12 Rangers 3, Capitals 2 at MSG
April 7 Rangers 1, Capitals 4 at MSG
Rangers-Capitals Series Schedule
April 28 Rangers vs. Washington, 3 p.m.
April 30 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 2 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 5 Rangers at Washington, 12:30 p.m.
May 7 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.*
May 9 Rangers at Washington, TBD*
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, TBD*
* -- if necessary
* Michael Sauer has missed seven playoff games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Steve Eminger has missed seven playoff games with an injury suffered on March 15.
* Mats Zuccarello has missed seven playoff games with a fractured wrist suffered on March 23.
* Brian Boyle has missed two playoff games with an injury suffered on April 21.
* The Rangers have lost 23 total man-games to injuries or illness during this postseason.