Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Boston
2013 Season Game No. 3 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* New York was 3-1-0 overall against Boston in 2011-12 (1-1-0 mark at home; 2-0-0 mark on the road). Three of the four meetings were decided by one goal, including a 3-2 overtime victory on Jan. 21 at Boston. The Rangers out-scored the Bruins, 11-7, including a 4-1 advantage in the third period and overtime. The Blueshirts' power play was 2-8 (25.0%), while their penalty kill was 9-10 (90.0%). Marian Gaborik led all skaters in scoring with four goals and five points in the season series, while Michael Del Zotto and Brad Richards each tallied a series-high, three assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-1-0 with a 1.73 GAA, .946 Sv% and one shutout.
* The Rangers have won nine of their last 13 games against the Bruins, including five of their last seven meetings.
* The Blueshirts are 11-3-0 in their last 14 games against the Bruins at MSG, dating back to a 3-2 win on Nov. 20, 2005.
* New York ranked seventh with a 27-12-2 (56 pts) record at home last season; Boston ranked fourth with a 25-15-1 (51 pts) mark on the road last season.
* The Rangers were 11-8-1 vs. the Northeast Division last season; the Bruins were 12-7-1 vs. the Atlantic Division last season.
* The Rangers list no former Bruins on their roster.
* Boston lists one former Ranger on its roster: Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 142-119-55-0
At Boston: 105-164-42-2
2013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 23 Rangers vs. Boston, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 24 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Jan. 26 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Jan. 29 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Jan. 31 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed two games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost two total man-games to injuries or illness this season.