Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
2013 Season Game No. 7 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 214.
Rangers vs. Penguins Pregame Notes
* This will be the second of five meetings this season, and the second of three meetings at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 0-1-0 overall, following a 6-3 loss against the Penguins in the home opener on Jan. 20. The Blueshirts' power play is 1-4 (25 percent) in the season series.
* New York is tied for fifth in the NHL with a 3-1-0 (6 pts) record at home; Pittsburgh is tied for second in the NHL with a 3-1-0 (6 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 1-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Penguins are 2-1-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list two former Penguins on their roster: Arron Asham (2010-11 to 2011-12); Mike Rupp (2009-10 to 2010-11).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 65-50-9-3
At Pittsburgh: 52-52-14-5
2013 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Jan. 20 Rangers 3, Penguins 6 at MSG
Jan. 31 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
March 16 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
April 3 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
April 5 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 31 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Feb. 2 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Feb. 5 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 10 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
* Ryan Callahan is sidelined 10-14 days with a shoulder subluxation, suffered on Jan. 29.
* Chris Kreider has missed two games due to an ankle injury, diagnosed on Jan. 25.
* Michael Sauer has missed six games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 10 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.