Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Washington
2013 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 3 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won eight of their last 11 first round playoff series.
* All Original Six teams qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 1996.
* The Rangers are 10-12 all-time in Game 3 when trailing 2-0 in the series.
* The Blueshirts were the least penalized team in the NHL this season with 183 penalties assessed for an average of 9.2 penalty minutes per game.
* New York ranked third in the NHL with 1,413 hits, and sixth in the league with 773 blocked shots this season.
* The Rangers held opponents to 2.25 goals against per contest, which ranked third in the Eastern Conference and fourth in the league overall
Rangers vs. Capitals Playoff History
The Rangers and Capitals are meeting in the playoffs for the eighth time overall and fourth time in five years, including a third consecutive season. Their last postseason encounter was in last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals, a series won by New York 4-3. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-4 playoff series record vs. the Capitals, posting a 19-24 mark in 43 postseason contests.
All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 48-38-9-3
At Washington: 39-48-9-3
2013 Rangers vs. Washington
Feb. 17 Rangers 2, Capitals 1 at MSG March 10 Rangers 4, Capitals 1 at Washington March 24 Rangers 2, Capitals 3 (SO) at MSG
Rangers-Capitals Series Results and Schedule (Washington leads series 2-0)
May 2 Rangers 1, Capitals 3 at Washington
May 4 Rangers 0, Capitals 1 (OT) at Washington
May 6 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 8 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 10 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.*
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, TBD*
May 13 Rangers at Washington, TBD*
* -- if necessary
* Marc Staal has missed two playoff games (plus 27 in regular-season) with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Ryane Clowe has missed two playoff games (plus one in regular season) with an injury, suffered on April 25.
* Michael Sauer has missed two playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost eight total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.