Madison Square Garden Training Center
With today’s professional athletes having to compete at a higher level than ever before, the New York Rangers, along with the Knicks and Liberty began training year-round in the state-of-the-art Madison Square Garden Training Center in Tarrytown, New York in September 2002. This facility is another proactive element of the organizations’ continuing commitment towards supplying Madison Square Garden sports fans with the most competitive teams in their respective leagues.
The Madison Square Garden Training Center offers the Rangers, Knicks and Liberty the opportunity to utilize the best equipment, the best training regimen, the best environment — to elevate their performances when they open their respective schedules in the NHL, NBA and WNBA. The 105,000 square-foot facility, set on 16 acres of private land in Westchester County, is equipped with well-appointed private areas and office space, exercise rooms with dedicated equipment for each team, the latest technology and first-class amenities.
The facility features two basketball courts and one NHL regulation-sized hockey rink. Each team’s area within the Madison Square Garden Training Center includes:
- 1,800 square—foot complete cardiovascular and weight room
- Steam rooms, whirlpool and cold plunge
- Gated parking lots located adjacent to a private entrance into the players’ lounge
- Tiered classrooms with high-back theater style seating
- State of the art video editing rooms
- Coach’s loung/offices
- The training center also features amenities to be shared by all teams, including a Hydro Worx 1000 aquatic therapy pool, a dining room with seating for 40 people and auxiliary locker rooms which can be utilized for visiting teams in need of additional practice time during their stay in New York.