(Presented by Lightspeed Trading)
• Return to Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award Entry Page
Sweepstakes begins online and in-arena on 3/4/10 and ends 4/5/10.
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award presented by Lightspeed Trading Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal New York, New Jersey and Connecticut residents 18 years of age or older, who live within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden arena. Winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Waiver/Release within 48 hours of receipt of such Affidavit and Release, or an alternate winner may be selected. Employees of Madison Square Garden, L.P., (“Sponsor”), the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises, LP., Lightspeed Financial, LLC and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies are ineligible to participate. The term "immediate family" shall mean spouses, domestic partners, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and grandchildren. This offer is void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws. Any disputes relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved by the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. Ways to enter:
(a) Online - Go to the New York Rangers website at from 3/4/10, 7:00 p.m. EST through 4/5/10, 11:59 p.m. EST and select the Rangers player you believe deserves the Extra Effort Award. When you enter your selection, you will be prompted to enter your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if any) and day and night phone numbers for entry into the Sweepstakes.
(b) In-Arena: Fully fill out an official Extra Effort Award ballot form (“Ballot”) with your selection for the Extra Effort Award, your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if any) and day and night phone numbers and deposit the completed Ballot in the designated Ballot collection box located in the Madison Square Garden arena during Rangers home games played between 3/4/10 and 3/24/10.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on 4/5/10. Only one (1) entry per person/email address regardless of method of entry. No mechanical or photocopied entries will be allowed. All entry forms become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries, or any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. If more than one entry is received from a person/email address, only the first eligible entry will be considered for the Sweepstakes and all subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or other failure destroys the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes and, in such event, to select winners for any remaining prizes by randomly drawing from among all valid entries placed the in-arena Ballot box up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension. Winner will be determined in a random drawing as described below.
4. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize - One (1) Replica Rangers hockey jersey autographed by the Extra Effort Award winning player. Sweepstakes winner must redeem the Grand Prize within one (1) month of notification - Approximate Retail Value: $300.
5. Selection of Grand Prize Winner: On or about 4/6/10, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes entries received by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or U.S. mail. In the event the winner is unreachable, or the winner's prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or the winner fails to return the fully completed Affidavit or Eligibility and Release as specified above, the winner will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner selected via random drawing from all remaining eligible entries for the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize Restrictions: No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize is permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute the Grand Prize for one of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and/or other costs not specifically described as part of the prize. Prize must be redeemed by winner within one (1) month of notification. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree: a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor; and b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless The New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden, L.P., the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises, LP., Lightspeed Financial, LLC and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from all liability, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to property or persons, including death, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of a prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo, video image, biographical data and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes by Sponsor as determined in Sponsor’s discretion without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide and on the World Wide Web without notice, review, or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law and upon request agrees to provide consent in writing to such use.
8. Official Rules/Name of winners: For a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, New York 10121 prior to 4/6/10. For the name of winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, New York 10121 after 4/6/10.