NY RANGERS “RANGERS v CAPITALS TICKETS” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 2:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) on April 16, 2011 and ends at 4:00 pm ET on April 16, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren) and/or household members of individuals employed by, Madison Square Garden, L.P. ("MSG"), Madison Square Garden, Inc. (and shareholders thereof), (together, “Sponsor”), the National Hockey League and its member teams, NHL Properties, Inc., NHL Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, "NHL Entities"), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, are ineligible to participate.
3. TO ENTER: Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry.
i) Via Text: Text the keyword “WIN” (the “Sweepstakes Keyword”) to short code 726437 (“Short Code”) using a wireless device capable of 2-way text messaging (you must provide your own device). Once you have properly text-messaged the Sweepstakes Keyword to the Short Code, you will be sent a reply via text message confirming your opt-in. To quit these text alerts, send a text message with the keyword STOP to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply. To get help on the Sweepstakes at any time send keyword “HELP” to the Short Code.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected entries or any typographical or other errors in the entry postcards, printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. Incomplete entry forms/texts will be considered void.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER(S): Every eligible Sweepstakes participant that receives a confirmation message (via text or email) and follows the redemption instructions will receive one (1) Sweepstakes prize (subject to availability) (together, the “Potential Winner”). Where applicable, Potential Winner will be notified by phone or email. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
5. PRIZE(S): The Prize is follows:
FIRST PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive four (4) tickets to the Rangers vs Capitals game on April 17, 2011 (subject to availability). (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each ticket: $190).
Total Prize Value: $760
Where applicable, Official Winner(s) will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from Madison Square Garden, meals and beverages. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute Prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Sponsors are solely responsible for providing elements of Prize to Official Winner.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Prizes subject to availability. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and any other costs not described as part of the prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of winners.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE RANGERS, MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, L.P., THE NHL ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Madison Square Garden L.P., Madison Square Garden, Inc. (and shareholders thereof), The Rangers, The NHL Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
11. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR(S): Madison Square Garden, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Prize Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Rangers v Capitals Tickets Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by May 17, 2011. Residents of Vermont may omit the return postage on their request.