Official Rules - Rangers Trivia
NO PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 am Eastern Time (EST) on February 10, 2011 and ends at 5:00:00 pm ET on February 11, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are legal residents of the New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut, at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the date of entry and who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Directors, employees (and the immediate family and household members of individuals employed by), Madison Square Garden, L.P. ("MSG" or “Sponsor”), The New York Rangers Hockey Club (“Rangers”), the National Hockey League and its member teams, NHL Properties, Inc. and NHL Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, "NHL Entities") their parents, Phizzle, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter:
A) via Cell Phone: Send a text message to the short code "726437" with the keyword “PLAY” during the Sweepstakes Period. You will receive a "Question" text message. This message will contain the week's trivia question and available answer options. Reply to the message with the number ("A", "B" or "C") of your answer. Correct answers will be entered to win the weekly "First place prize". You will be charged standard text and data rates for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and Participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the Sweepstakes.
B) via Internet: Visit www.nyrangers.com and fully complete the web entry form with your name, e-mail address, phone number and date of birth and Trivia Answer.
Limit one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes period, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any person to enter in excess of the disclosed entry limit will void entries in excess of the limit disclosed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries. Incomplete, duplicate, mechanically reproduced, automated or photocopied entries are not permitted and will be deemed void. Each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any participating wireless carrier will incur a standard text messaging charge. Fees will appear on your mobile bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance in accordance with your carrier's Terms and Conditions applicable to your particular voice/data rate plan. Contact your wireless carrier for your plan details.
4. PRIZES: The following prize(s) will be awarded:
First Prize (1): One (1) Winner will receive 2 tickets to Rangers vs. Pittsburgh on February 13, 2011 (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of items: $75.)
Total ARV of Prize: $150
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winner will be determined on February 11, 2011 from among all eligible entries received (“Potential Winner”). Where applicable, Potential Winner will be notified by text message, phone or e-mail. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Prizes subject to availability. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may change the number of prizes awarded in its sole discretion. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsor's discretion. Official Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and any other costs not described as part of the prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of winners.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE RANGERS, MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, L.P., THE NHL ENTITIES, PHIZZLE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, NHL Entities and Sweepstakes Entities from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. SPONSOR: Madison Square Garden, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Prize Winners or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to New York Rangers, 14th floor, c/o Rangers Trivia Mobile Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10121 by March 11, 2010. (The Official Rules and the names of Winners may be posted on nyrangers.com.)