NY Rangers “This Is New York Family” ContestOFFICIAL RULES
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Rangers’ This Is New York Family contest (the “Contest”) is open to all New York, New Jersey and Connecticut residents eighteen (18) years of age or older, who live within a 50-mile radius of Madison Square Garden and who are interested in writing an essay for consideration. Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Waiver/Release within 48 hours of receipt of such Affidavit and Release, or an alternate winner may be selected. Employees of The New York Rangers (“Rangers”) and MSG Holdings, L.P. (the “Sponsors”), the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises, LP., and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of the above are ineligible. The term "immediate family" shall mean spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and grandchildren. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Any disputes shall be resolved by the Sponsors as final judges.
2. How to enter:
(a) To submit your entry for the Contest, log-on to www.newyorkrangers.com from 6:00PM Eastern Time (ET) on December 8, 2011 through 11:59PM ET on December 18, 2011, click on the “This Is New York Family” link and follow the on-screen instructions. Participants submitting an entry (“Entrants”) will be required to:
• Complete an online entry form including: Entrant’s complete name (first and last), age, mailing address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, and subscriber id number (if applicable), as well as the their nominee’s (each, a “Nominee”) complete name (first and last), mailing address, youth hockey team (if applicable), youth hockey league (if applicable), age, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and email address. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
Each Entrant must submit an original essay of 250 words or less written by the Entrant describing the Entrant’s family’s outstanding commitment and dedication to the sport of hockey, how they best represent the Rangers on and off the ice,and why the Entrant’s family should win the Award (“Essay”). By submitting an Essay, Entrants agree that their Essay does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
3. Selection of Winners:
(a) A panel of qualified judges, which will include former Rangers players and current Rangers hockey operations staff, will select and notify teach of the five (5) winners by phone or email on or around December 19, 2011 (together, the “Potential Winners”). All Nominees will be judged and ranked based equally on the opinions of the judges and on the following parameters and/or characteristics that a Nominee is portrayed to possess:
• Scope of Entrant’s Involvement in recreational hockey (20%);
• Their Drive/Passion for the game of hockey and the New York Rangers (20%);
• Creativity in displaying and communicating their support of the New York Rangers (20%);
• Gives freely and unselfishly of their time in support of recreational hockey (20%);
• Community/Charity involvement (10%); and
• ”Intangible” qualities of the Entrant (10%);
• The writing and/or creative style of the Essay will not be judged and/or considered in the ranking of the entries.
The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 48 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
(a) Each of the five (5) winners of the Contest will receive the following prizes: i) an experience package for one (i) field pass for a youth aged 7–9 yrs old to skate on the auxiliary pond at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA on the day of the Rangers Winter Classic vs. Philadelphia Flyers on January 2, 2012 at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA (the “Game”),(Promotional value only); (ii) three (3) tickets to the Winter Classic Game (exact seat locations to be determined solely by Sponsors). ARV of each ticket: $119; (iii) an official youth-sized hockey jersey. ARV of jersey: $80; and (iv) one (1) night standard hotel accommodations (single room, quad occupancy) at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel in Philadelphia, PA on the evening of January 1, 2012 (ARV of hotel accommodations: $185).
Total ARV of Contest prize: $622.
(b) Winner is solely responsible for any costs not specifically described as part of the prize, including but not limited to transportation to and from Citizens Bank Park, meals, beverages, or incidentals of any kind. Additionally, youth must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will be required to sign a liability release in order to redeem pond-skating portion of the Prize.)
5. Prize Restrictions: No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, if an event of force majeure (including, without limitation, act of God, player strike, player lock-out or other labor dispute, war, fire, riot, earthquake, hurricane, inclement weather, act of public enemies, act or threat of terrorism (including without limitation safety and security concerns relating thereto) actions of governmental authorities (federal, state, or local), unavailability of power, transportation, materials, or for any other reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor) effects the provision of the prize, Sponsors shall, in addition to having the option to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, have the option to postpone awarding the prize. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsors’ discretion.
6. Limitation of Liability: Except as expressly noted, all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All participants agree a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsors and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless The New York Rangers, MSG Holdings, L. P., the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises, LP, and each of their respective affiliates, partners, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from all liability, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of a prize, or participation in the Contest. By participating in this Contest, Nominators, Nominees and the prize winner each consent to the use of their name, essay, photo, video image, biographical data and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes by Sponsors as determined in Sponsors’ discretion without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide and on the World Wide Web without notice, review, or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law and upon request agrees to provide consent in writing to such use. In addition, by participating in this Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her photograph including images of the Nominees and/or winner for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes by Sponsors as determined in Sponsors’ discretion, without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide and on the World Wide Web without notice, review, or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law and upon request agrees to provide consent in writing to such use.
7. Name of winners: For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: This Is New York Family, c/o New York Rangers, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, New York 10121 after January 18, 2012.