|Check out all the festivities from 2012 Hockey Weekend In New York|
From Feb. 5-9, the Rangers organization joins forces with local rinks to help spread a love of hockey throughout the New York area. The holiday weekend features free hockey lessons at Yankee Stadium, a day of free skating and interaction with Rangers Alumni at four of our community rink partners' locations, and our annual Youth Hockey Night.
Chase Branch @ MSG
**Our previously-scheduled event has been cancelled and will be re-scheduled for a later date yet to be determined.
For more information on Rangers Assist supported by Chase and how to get involved click here.
Thursday, February 6th, 2014
Youth Hockey Night at Madison Square Garden
Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers at 7 pm (Pre-Game Youth Hockey Night Forum Begins Check-In at 4:30 pm)
- In-Arena and on-air celebration of Youth Hockey throughout the tri-state!
- Pregame Youth Hockey Forum in Theater Lobby featuring Rangers Alumni Adam Graves, Stephane Matteau, Mike Hartman and Jay Wells (No admission without ticket.)
- Youth hockey content featured in-arena and during MSG Network broadcast of game
- Presentation of the Emile Francis Award in second intermission
Try Hockey for Free Event at MSG Training Center
(5 pm to 7 pm)
The New York Rangers Hockey Development Team will conduct an Intro to Hockey Clinic for kids in the Power Player Selects program.
The Power Players program continues to pride itself on six values: Commitment, Excellence, Fun, Respect, Responsibility and Teamwork. During the program, one of the six values is stressed by the Rangers’ Hockey Development instructors to help reinforce important life lessons that the children may have learned previously at home or in the classroom.
Three Garden of Dreams partner organizations participate in the Power Players program: Children’s Aid Society, Harlem Dowling and WHEDco. Each partner location has up to 25 “selects” from last year that have returned and will get the chance to test their skills on the ice!
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Hockey Weekend In New York- Celebration of Hockey at Yankee Stadium (12 pm to 5 pm)
Programming has been put together so as many kids as possible at multiple different skill levels can get on the ice! From first time skaters to youngsters who do the coaching, there will be a program for kids at each level of youth hockey.
- Try Hockey For Free Event offered to participating program partners of the New York Rangers.
- Pre-selected youth hockey teams from around the tri-state area that demonstrate USA Hockey’s American Development Model to participate in a cross-ice jamboree.
- Pre-selected players from Rangers Youth Hockey Programs are invited to bring a friend for a clinic led by NYR Alumni.
- Winners of the New York Ranger’s “Blueshirts at the Stadium” Contest, the Mamaroneck Youth Hockey Program, to hold a 1 hour practice
Rangers Free Family Skating Sessions
FREE family skating sessions offered at four NYR community ice rink partners with giveaways, door prizes and alumni Meet & Greets.
- Brewster Ice Arena (Brewster, NY) – 12:45PM – 2:45PM with Nick Fotiu
- Oyster Bay Skating Rink (Bethpage, NY) – 10:00AM – 12:00PM with Ron Greschner
- World Ice Arena (Queens, NY) – 12:00PM – 2:00PM with Stefane Matteau
- Skylands Ice World (Stockholm, NJ) – 12:00PM – 2:00PM with Jay Wells